My Happiness Rules

Even though I occasionally have bad days like everyone else--I love my life. I have the most amazing family EVER; a wonderful, hard-working, loving, adventurous husband; one CrAzY dog; a job & co-workers that I truly enjoy; a small, adorable house and my health. I live in a town that I enjoy and I feel safe, secure and happy.

One morning while relaxing with my coffee, I decided to write down "My Happiness Rules"--those things that I feel I need in my life to keep me happy and healthy--mind, body & soul.

1. Nature, Fresh Air & Sunshine
2. Fitness: Cardio & Strength Training
3. Eat Healthy, Whole, Real Food
4. Maintain Cleaning Schedule (I feel I cannot truly relax unless my house is in decent shape.)
5. Purging. (I'm not a minimalist, but I do despise clutter.)
6. Tranquility & Serenity (I also despise chaos.)
7. Be Productive
8. Continue Learning
9. Hobbies
10. Study Interests
11. Try New Things
12. Spend Time with Family & Friends
13. Alone Time
14. Girls Only Time
15. Have Adventures
16. Plan and Organize Day Trips, Get Aways & Vacations
17. Take the Joy in Everything I Do (Even Chores)
18. Cultivate Grit
19. Set Goals & Work to Achieve Them
20. Home Improvements
21. Self-Improvement
22. Read
23. Relax

This list is by no means comprehensive and I'm sure I could easily double it and add a multitude of sub-categories as well; but I wanted to keep it as simple as I could. I don't really have to work at these items because I enjoy them all, but it's nice to remind yourself of those things you need to incorporate into our life to maintain balance, health and happiness.

Comments